To be a member of a church is to make a public promise to live according to the Word and to support the work of the congregation. In the Bible this is called a covenant. Every believer is part of the church when we think about it as an organism (the Spiritual Body of Christ), but only by a public promise can someone be part of the church as an organization. A public promise, or covenant, is the basis for all society according to the Bible: marriage, employment, citizenship and church membership are all relationships of accountability.
Membership in a church is not like membership in a social club or other organization. Most organization members are consumers — the organization exists to serve them. The church of Christ is a completely different community — membership means ministry and service, going from being a consumer to becoming a provider of God’s love and care to others. At GRACE, we take seriously that we are a church not for ourselves, but for others.
If you desire to pursue membership, sign up for the next Discovering GRACE class by emailing email@example.com.
- These classes are offered every three months.
- They will guide you in your understanding of the vision, beliefs and ministries of GRACE
- This knowledge will better equip you to serve the body
- After sharing your testimony of faith in Christ with an elder, we will publicly celebrate your membership during one of our Sunday morning worship services.
- The next Discovering GRACE class will be April 15, 22 & 29 at 4:00 pm